Sunday, February 8, 2015

minion cupcakes

Twinkie Minions Cupcake Despicable Me 2

First thing to do, make some cupcakes.
Then make some frosting.  Color it blue, for the Minions little blue overall bibs.
Take your Twinkies and cut them in half.
The best part of the Minions are their eyes and goggles. You have a few choices:
Using some black frosting, make some dots for the eyes, kind of close together. Then press the eye balls into them. Now make some thin lines down the side for the goggle straps.  Some Minions have one eye and some have 2. I always see more 2 eyed Minions, but you can do whatever you want!
Once you have a bunch done, you can add mouths, hair or whatever you want. I was trying to find something good for the hair…Maybe the thin black licorice strings?
I frosted my cupcakes with a Wilton 1A tip and sprinkled with little blue sprinkles. Again, you can do whatever you want! That is the beauty of it! :)
I added a little more frosting to the tops of the cupcakes so that when I pressed the Minions onto the top the frosting came up around the base a little. They seemed to look a little more sturdy that way.
These were actually really quick to make and very cute when they are done. My kids all took pictures and then promptly ate their faces off!
Minion Cupcakes made from Twinkies

No comments:

Post a Comment